So, I've picked a project. For christmas I'm goign to build a Digital Photo frame out of an old Dell Latitude CPi 300Mhz laptop that' been living somewhere in the loft ! It seems from my friend Google that several otther people have also tried this, so it can't be completely useless.
From this; , to this; !
There are 5 more parts to this story (at the moment) so read on;
- Digital Photo Frame Part 2 Build the O/S
- Digital Photo Frame part 3 Configure the Software
- Digital Photo Frame Part 4 Infra Red Control
- Digital Photo Frame Part 5
- Digital Photo Frame Part 6
- (Update) Digital Photo Frame Part 7... Rebuilding it.
(google sketch up model, assembled and exploded !)
So, Steps in rough order;
- Ensure Laptop Works
- Install chosen software (XUbuntu 7.10, Feh, unclutter, Ndiswrapper etc)
- Configure software in some way
- Rip laptop asunder
- Somehow fit the parts of the laptop into a frame of some kind so it looks like a picture
- Impress the family
- (Update) Dismantle it, and change bits to remove the annoying things that didn't quite impress everyone, then impress the family anew !